Misuse has also applied the term to metalheads, industrial fans, and the "suicidal" yuppie children. The bands currently labeled incorrectly as gothic include Marilyn Manson, Slipknot, and most nu-metal, or industrial-metal hybrids.
emily the catalogue goth
Well it's ture
goths do not fear what is beyond this life
A Goth on Gothic Road
The inside of a Gothic cathedral
Gothic window art
Gothic architecture of Western Europe
If someone becomes "goth" because they couldn't get any friends or are depressed and angry all the time, they are most likely a poser.
A goth will walk alone where a chav will hide inside his herd and though the goth may take a beating at least that goth was never a coward.
A goth will insult only those who have earnt it whereas a chav will insult people for things as shallow as the clothes they are wearing.
A goths insult will be witty and cutting, a chavs insult more often than not will consist of the chav making a repulsive noise.
A goth will enrich their mind, a chav will watch soaps.
In the morning, a goth will ask themselves “what do I want to wear?” whilst a chav will ask themselves “what in this selection of clothes is the most acceptable thing to wear?”
A goth will have a friend because they are good for someone, a chav will have a friend because that someone is good for them.
A goth approaches new situations with a willingness to think and find the best way forward, a chav will react with aggression to that which it does not already know.
A goth will listen to music that is meaningful to their life and thought provoking, a chav will listen to music which will tell him how to behave.
Goths have no interest in popularity whatsoever. They think outside the box. People aspire to be popular and dress in certain ways that are ‘in’ with everyone else simply because it has never occurred to them how pointless societies values really are. In truth, there was never any point to any one of us being born. We’re doomed to struggle onwards in our skins, attached to life only by mechanisms put in our minds by evolution never to find any relief and never to find any meaning. We’re just all stuck with it now, together (and yuk to the simply stunning amount of ignorance I have to put up with). Conformity assumes that what another has thought of is better than what you can think of on your own but why is one mind better than another? (the conformist who argues that their own opinion is truth is a hipocrite, a really ridiculous laughable hipocrite) Its not is the truth. I am a goth and I aspire to value my own intuitions as much as I would value anyone elses (as much, not more you fools!) therefore I don’t care if you don’t like me because I DO.
I look strikingly different to everybody else, you chavwits think I am attention seeking when in fact I look different because of my total lack of interest in you lot, you lot and that vile sort of dress code that is ‘the norm’. Its not that I want you to notice me, its just that I haven’t bothered to noticed you!
I do as I please! But then again, so say the chavs.
The difference in effect is that I have a brain.
I realise that randomness of behaviour (as in anarchy) is a force of pure destruction without the input of thought. I know what I want for myself, plenty of cash, love, freedom, peace and I know that that’s pretty much what everybody else wants too. Therefore, I treat others as I wish to be treated myself. I would never stand in the way of anothers achievement because if I did how would I deserve to achieve anything of my own? Goths, in my experience (others as well as myself) are thoughtful, intelligent, hard working, kind, honest, well mannered. I have an education and I like when it shows!
As a goth, all you various ‘rude’ forms of life make me sick. Goth is what the individuals do- and as for the idea of the wannabe goth these either revert to conformity or evolve.(I mean slipknot/korn fans, as for manson fans I think those who say he isn’t gothic just don’t know enough about him- sure listening to manson WILL NOT make you gothic, but give that poor dark philisophical soul some credit! He’s certainly not gonna un-goth you!) Wannabes are a transitional category but if they are to be acknowledged at all, they are not goths.
Goths make the greatest friends. Goths have the unusual ideas. Goths just don’t suffer from the same afflictions of ‘normality’ as you self-mirroring lot- change for once. down with mediocrity.
try focusing on the meaning of things rather than your pre-held assumptions about everything
1) a person who likes to dress and act differently to the other people in society, normally in black but some like much brighter colours. They tend to be thinkers and more often than not quite creative. They have a satyrical sense of humour, and are able to laugh at both themselves and other people. This type of goth originated in the late 80's with the "death" of punk; goths back then liked the style and the "protection" it offered and so emulated it in their own style. They listen to and appreciate all sorts of good music. They can be gay/depressed/weird/mentally disturbed, but more often than not they are just normal people.
2) an offshoot of the nu-metal clique who think that to *really* piss off their parents they'll dress all in black and talk about death and suicide whilst listening to Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park and Slipknot because it's "cool". They tend to have very little idea of the other type of goths (or anything else other than themselves for that matter) and will probably change their fashion once it becomes "uncool" again. Thank god.
2) I am not a "goth".
2) An building style used in medieval times and later in victorian times.
2) A literature style of which Dracula and ther supernateral horrors were written in.
3) A music genre that came about in the 80's as an of shoot of punk.
4) A subculture of people who originally listened to Goth music. Now has increased to fit Industrial and Black/Death metal followers. Goths are typically seen as morbid, wearing black clothes almost all of the time, and wearing make up regardless of sex. Also seen to be more open minded to other cultures, sexualities etc.
5) Prententious people who listen to Nu metal who think they are goths but really teenagers who know nothing of music.
To a 12 year old Linkin Park fan: Someone who likes Korn.
To a goth: I'm not a goth!
Really: A tribe of eastern european barbarians that sacked rome in the 4th century. The name of an artistic style, associated with clothing, and architecture
Here we go...
1.Goths are suicidal
-Ok,let me begin by saying anyone can be suicidal,Goths,Preps,Jocks,Nerds,ANYONE.Just because someone dresses in black or listens to Rock music and stuff doesn't make them suicidal.
2.All goths are gay or lesbian
-Once again,this is a topic that anyone may be,not just these guys.
3.Goths are evil/worship satan
-This is what those damn Catholic Fanatics made everyone believe,ok,so they may seem dark or even...scary,but that doesn't make them satanic.Satanism is a RELIGION,not a trend.
4.All goths should die
-I am against the killing of anyone because of their likes/dislikes/looks/tastes.
Hopefully,this guide has given you insite that no matter how different people seem,we all are capable of the same shit.
But,here's one that may save you
If you don't like someone,leave them the fuck alone!Don't waste your life making their's hell because they don't look or act like you.
In the 90s and early 2000s the goth subculture seemed to change to include bands such as Nirvana, Linkin Park, Slipknot, Cradle of Filth, etc.
Many goths have a cynical outlook on society and have an evolved sense of humor which has gone beyond the "Ya ma" as an insult and will laugh at others, and at themselves in a healthy way. Goths don't usually care what other people think of them, and don't care if they don't fit in. Goths don't care, either what sexuality, religion, etc. other goths are, and we don't take the piss out of gays because we aren't homophobes.
If you shout insults after a bunch of goths, alot of the time, they might not be offended, but take pride that people are realising that they're individuals.
S/He lives a goth lifestyle.