One should take note that Apple Os X is based on Unix(Darwin).
Linux and Unix differ on many points, and are greatly argued upon which one is better. It seems one should use both and see which one he/she likes.
The Boss: "My boss says we need some eunuch programmers."
Dilbert says: "I think he means Unix, not eunuchs. And I already know Unix."
The Boss: "If the company nurse drops by, tell her I said 'never mind.'"
How to spot people who enjoy Unix: These deluded and solitary individuals will often exhibit many of the following characteristics -
* Mostly male
* Enjoy real ale
* Sport long hair (usually greasy) & often beards
* Wear t-shirts 2 sizes too small that fails to conceal a hairy beer belly underneath
* Have a number of keys dangling from a keyring
* Are socially challenged
* Will quote lines from episodes of Star Trek
* Enjoy heavy rock / metal music. Note: occassionally an older unix techhead will admit to a liking of folk music - these individuals are very dangerous and should be avoided... Worse still is the Unix nerd who enjoys prog rock - anyone with an early Genesis album in their music collection should be treated with suspicion
I've re-written the Shell on this Unix server configuration and we're now running a warp factor 8
I spent many a happy hour playing with Unix's Vi editor as I listenned to Fairport Convention in the backgound
Well Roger, my life turned upside down the day Peter Gabriel left Genesis, but then I discovered Rush...